Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Leaving Norway

I can't believe that it's already time to leave Norway. My time here has been wonderful - I loved reconnecting with old friends and being part of a family! Kate and Thor have two beautiful little girls and so it was fun to act like a nanny and help out the family. I got a chance to see their ministry to native Norweigan teenagers up close and I was encouraged and inspired because working with people from a different culture is not always easy! Christmas was great because we were invited by Kate and Thor's friends to eat moose for Christmas Eve dinner - it was delicious! I also had to try every kind of Norweigan dessert and was not disappointed! We hiked a bit in the fjords and drove to visit a bunch more which helped me understand just how beautiful Norway really is. Perhaps I'll get a chance to come back here and go on some more outdoor adventures! I was also really grateful to have unlimited access to the internet, central heating, American movies, and the chance to use a free phone line to call the US = all things you take for granted but when you're holed up on somebody's farm in Italy you don't always have access to them!

Today I fly out of Stavanger into Paris where I'm excited to meet my friend Brian from college who attends grad school at the University of Paris. My friend Jess is flying over from the US to meet there as well. She and I will spend the next three and a half weeks traveling around Europe! I was thinking that the title of my blog, "gets the boot" is no longer relevant since I'm not actually in Italy anymore, but rest assured, I'll be back there soon! In the meantime, I hope you had a blessed Christmas and have a Happy New Year - I'll be celebrating in Paris this year!




No comments: